The Hire a MoVal Veteran program is the latest phase in the City’s award winning Hire MoVal program to provide incentives to businesses in exchange for hiring Moreno Valley veterans. With the new Hire a MoVal Veteran program, your business is eligible to apply for a $1,000 stipend for each Moreno Valley veteran you hire up to a maximum of five new hires.
- Your businesses must be currently licensed by the City of Moreno Valley Businesses that fail to keep a current Moreno Valley Business license will be automatically disqualified.
- Your hire must be a Moreno Valley Veteran who has served in the United States Military as either Active Duty or Reservist in the Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy, Coast Guard, or National Guard. Veterans must have received an Honorable Discharge or have been released from active duty under honorable conditions.
- Veterans must be Moreno Valley residents at the time of the award and must be able to provide proof of residency.
- You must submit the application each program year. Applications must include a list of eligible employees providing name, address, date of hire, branch of service, and copies of discharge papers (Form DD-214).
- Your business must retain the employee for a minimum of six months and the employee must work a minimum of 20 hours per week. Demonstrated proof of employee retention and hours worked is required.
- Following proof of the six-month employment, an award may be made based on a first come basis in increments of $1,000 per qualified new hire employee, hired up to a maximum of five awards (5 qualified new hire employees) per business during each program year.
How to Apply
- After the veteran has been employed with the business for six (6) months, submit a completed application form, along with supporting documentation, including a copy of the Employee’s payroll record.
- Note the program year:
2019/20 Program Year runs – July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
2020/21 Program Year runs – July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
What to Expect
- Businesses that register first are given first consideration until funding is depleted and/or the program is ended.
- Allow 8 – 12 weeks for processing and notification. Incentives may be taxable.
- Consult your tax advisor to be certain.
For detailed requirements and program details, see the Hire a MoVal Veteran Program Participation, Terms & Conditions.