The Hire a MoVal Grad program is the latest phase in the City’s award winning Hire MoVal program to provide incentives to businesses in exchange for hiring Moreno Valley residents. With the new Hire a MoVal Grad program, your business is eligible to apply for a $1,000 stipend for each recent Moreno Valley graduate up to a maximum of five new hires. See the program flyer for details.
- Your businesses must be currently licensed by the City of Moreno Valley
- Your hire must be a Moreno Valley resident who has done one of the following: Received a degree, certificate, completed a training program, or course of study from an accredited educational institution within the past two years beyond a secondary (K-12) education
- Your business must retain the employee for at least six months for a minimum of 20 hours per week
How to Apply
- Submit a completed Registration Form. This can be done after initially hiring a local graduate.
- After your local hire has been employed with your business for 6 months, submit a completed application form, along with supporting documentation, including a copy of the Employee’s payroll record.
- Note the program year:
2017/18 Program Year runs – March 7, 2017 through June 30, 2018.
2018/19 Program Year runs – July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
What to Expect
- Those who register first are given first consideration until funding is depleted and/or the program is ended.
- Allow 8 – 12 weeks for processing and notification.
- Incentives may be taxable. Consult your tax advisor to be certain.
For detailed requirements and program details, see the Hire a MoVal Grad Program Participation, Terms & Conditions.