You can put library materials on hold online or over the phone and then pick them up from our walk-up check-out desk, starting Monday, June 15. It's a way for you to get library materials easily and safely.
How to place a hold online
- Place a hold by logging on to the library’s catalog.
- Log into your account by selecting “My Account” then “Log In/Register”. Your PIN is the last 4 digits of the phone number that you registered with us.
- Use the search bar to find the titles of books, DVDs, and audiobooks. For faster fulfillment, limit your search to Moreno Valley libraries only.
- Click on the Place Request button to the right of the desired item.
- If not already set, choose which Moreno Valley library location is more convenient for you as your pickup location.
- Click ‘Submit request’.
- You’re all set! You are allowed to request up to 10 items per library card.
If you need help accessing your account or would like further assistance placing a hold, call 951.413.3880, 951.413.3761 or 951.413.3670 and a library representative will talk to you about your needs and place the hold for you. You can also email questions, comments, and suggestions to email@example.com. Staff will be available to answer your questions during our regular hours of service.
How to pick up
- You will receive a notification based on your preference (Phone call, text message or email).
Remember, your materials will not be available for pick-up until you receive that notice.
Call to change your preferred method of contact.
- Call the library during our open hours to book your pick-up appointment.
- Hours for Pick-up are:
- Mon–Thu, 10:30 AM – 7:30 PM
- Fri, 10:30 AM – 5:30 PM
- Sat, 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Sun, 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
- Mon- Sat 11:30 AM – 6:30 PM
- Mon- Sat 10:30 AM – 7:30 PM
- To pick up your materials, please keep in mind that you are REQUIRED to wear a face covering and practice safe physical distancing on City property. Don’t forget to bring your library card!
- During a facility closure, the inside of the Library will not be accessible to the public for any purpose.
- Return all library items only through the return slot at the Main Library's front entrance or to the return bin at the Iris Plaza Branch.
- We cannot accept donations at this time.
*Park & Pick-Up service effective June 15, 2020.