Hire MoVal is an award-winning set of incentives for businesses located in Moreno Valley that hire Moreno Valley residents.
Currently, there are four Hire MoVal incentives:
- Hire a MoVal Grad — a $1,000 stipend for hiring Moreno Valley residents who have graduated from local colleges or schools.
- Hire MoVal — a program that helps businesses advertise job openings in local outlets and provides MVU customers with electrical rate discounts for hiring local residents.
- Hire MoVal for Small Business — a program that provides business license discounts, free counseling and job advertisement services for businesses with gross revenues less than $200,000 that hire Moreno Valley residents.
- Hire a MoVal Veteran — a $1,500 stipend ($1,000 to Moreno Valley businesses and $500 to the veteran) for hiring Moreno Valley veterans.
Looking for a Job?
Sign up for Hire MoVal Jobs and receive important news about local jobs and recruitment activities at the Moreno Valley Employment Resource Center:
Get Hire MoVal Job Announcements
Learn more about Hire MoVal Incentives
Select an incentive to get detailed information, flyers, and enrollment forms.
Hire a MoVal Grad
See details about the Hire MoVal Incentive:
Ready to apply? Get the forms
Get up to $5,000 for hiring local graduates!
The Hire a MoVal Grad program is the latest phase in the City’s award winning Hire MoVal program to provide incentives to businesses in exchange for hiring Moreno Valley residents. With the new Hire a MoVal Grad program, your business is eligible to apply for a $1,000 stipend for each recent Moreno Valley graduate up to a maximum of five new hires.
To be eligible:
- Your businesses must be currently licensed by the City of Moreno Valley
- Your hire must be a Moreno Valley resident who has done one of the following: Received a degree, certificate, completed a training program, or course of study from an accredited educational institution within the past two years beyond a secondary (K-12) education
- Your business must retain the employee for a minimum of 480 hours, which is an average of 20 hours a week for a minimum employment time period of six months
See the program flyer for details.
See details about the Hire MoVal incentive :
The award winning Hire MoVal program encourages Moreno Valley businesses to make a good faith effort to hire qualified residents.
Businesses can demonstrate their Hire MoVal support in the following ways:
- Use the Employment Resource Center’s no cost workforce recruitment services. The ERC can assist with:
Job fair support
- Provide job announcements so the City can help publicize these events.
- Adopt a “First Source” hiring practice that gives residents advance notice about recruitments.
MVU Customers: Earn Rate Discounts
Hire MoVal also provides a financial incentive to qualified new businesses served by Moreno Valley Utility (MVU).
Eligible businesses under the Economic Development Rate can also access an additional 2-4% electrical rate discount for hiring Moreno Valley residents. See the Hire MoVal MVU flyer for details.
Hire MoVal for Small Business
Get details about the Hire MoVal for small business incentive :
Hire MoVal has been extended to serve even more Moreno Valley businesses with new and exciting benefits for Small Businesses.
- Business License Discount — Receive a fee waiver on your business license fee for businesses with less than $200,000 in gross revenues and who hire at least 40% of their employees for the more than 92,000 people in Moreno Valley’s residential workforce.
- Access to exclusive job recruitment services at the Moreno Valley Employment Resource Center.
- Free one-on-one expert business counseling services and workshops with the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
For more information, contact Business Licenses at 951.413.3023.
Hire a MoVal Vet
Get Rewarded up to $15,000 for hiring local veterans!
The Hire a MoVal Veteran program is the latest phase in the City’s award winning Hire MoVal program to provide incentives to businesses in exchange for hiring Moreno Valley Veterans.
With the new Hire a MoVal Veteran program, your business is eligible to apply for a $1,500 stipend ($1,000 to the business and $500 to the veteran) for each Moreno Valley veteran up to a maximum of ten new hires.
To be eligible:
See the complete program requirements on the program flyer, visit the application page, or download the application form.
For more information, please contact the City of Moreno Valley at 951.413.3023 or email email@example.com.