Skip navigation

About  |  Contact  |  FAQ  |  News  |  Moreno Valley website  |  SimpliCITY Online Portal

Frequently Asked Questions —Violations

Select a topic to see frequently asked questions and their answers.

  • Who do I contact regarding mosquitoes, green stagnant water, or other health and safety hazards?

    Please contact Code and Neighborhood Services using the following reporting methods:

  • Why does my letter state "alleged condition"?

    To better manage the volume of cases received, the division sends out a courtesy notice to the property owner. This provides the owner an opportunity to correct any violations that may exist. An inspection is conducted after 14 days and in most cases the violation(s) have been corrected and the case is closed.

  • When reporting a code violation will my name be released to anyone?

    Any personal information related to any code compliance case is kept confidential.

  • How long does it take for a case to be closed?

    A code case can sometimes be resolved in as little as a day or can sometimes take several weeks. In many cases inspections are being routinely conducted and there may be administrative citations or other legal processes occurring that are not readily visible to the public.

  • Who do I contact for a homeless encampment on private property?

    Any criminal matters such as trespassing on private property would need to be referred to the Moreno Valley Police Department at 951.247.8700. Code Compliance staff only addresses abandoned items, junk, trash and/or debris on private property.