General Municipal Election Information
The General Municipal Election for the City of Moreno Valley will be held on Tuesday, November 6, 2012, for the purpose of electing three (3) City Council Members, one each from District 1, 3 and 5, for full terms of four (4) years.
The nomination period begins on Monday, July 16, 2012, and will closes at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 9, 2012. However, in the event an incumbent does not file a nomination paper, the filing deadline for that District will be extended until 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 15, 2012. This extension does not apply for incumbents.
Each candidate must be nominated by not less than 20 and not more than 30 qualified voters. Only registered voters residing within the District from which the candidate is to be nominated are eligible to sign nomination papers for the candidate. To qualify as a candidate a person shall be:
- Citizen of the United States
- Qualified Elector of the State of California
- Registered voter of the City of Moreno Valley at the time of filing nomination papers
- Resident of the appropriate District at the time nomination papers are issued
Important Upcoming Dates
- October 8 – 30, 2012
- Applications for Vote-by-Mail Ballots may be made in person or by mail.
- October 22, 2012
Last day to register for the November 6, 2012 election.
- November 6, 2012
Election Day. The polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. Vote-by-Mail ballots may be turned in, before the polls close, at any polling place in the jurisdiction.