BLUEPRINT FOR A SAFER ECONOMY
California has a blueprint for reducing COVID-19 in the state with revised criteria for loosening and tightening restrictions on activities.
Riverside County’s Current Status:
HOW CORONAVIRUS SPREADS
Coronavirus spreads by tiny droplets of moisture from someone infected, regardless of whether they’re showing symptoms of the illness (i.e., fever, shortness of breath, coughing and fatigue). The virus can spread when droplets are coughed, sneezed or breathed into the air near another person or transferred by direct contact, such as a kiss or handshake.
HOW TO AVOID INFECTION OF YOURSELF OR OTHERS: RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THE CDC AND RIVERSIDE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Maintain at least a 6-foot physical distance from others.
- Wash your hands thoroughly several times a day with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home to minimize the spread of the virus.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands with soap and water.
- Disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wear a face covering when outside the home.
- Please follow directions of health professionals ONLY.
CORONAVIRUS COMMUNITY RESOURCES
Find local resources and trusted sources of information as well as links to best practices, business information, coronavirus testing information, important contacts, special activities, and more: Coronavirus Community Resources.
Testing at the county-run sites is open to anyone, whether they have symptoms or not, and there are no out-of-pocket costs to individuals. Participants will be asked to provide information about their health insurance, but they will not be charged any share of costs or copay, and will be allowed to get tested even if they do not provide the insurance information. You must have an appointment to get tested. More than 146,000 coronavirus tests have been conducted in Riverside County, with more than 10,000 confirmed cases of coronavirus. Testing continues to be an integral focus as more residents visit more businesses.
Visit rivcoph.org/coronavirus/testing for more information on testing locations and how to make an appointment.
Here are additional sources for testing information:
TRUSTED SOURCES OF ACCURATE INFORMATION
Don’t believe rumors. For accurate, factual information about the virus, what’s happening locally, regionally and nationally, visit these sites:
See Past News Releases...