KNOW THE FACTS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS
HOW CORONAVIRUS SPREADS
Coronavirus spreads just like other flu viruses: by tiny droplets of moisture from someone showing symptoms of the illness. Symptoms include fever, shortness of breath, coughing and fatigue. The virus can spread when droplets are coughed or sneezed into the air near another person or transferred by direct contact, such as a kiss or handshake.
HOW TO AVOID INFECTION OF YOURSELF OR OTHERS
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask:
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
CORONAVIRUS COMMUNITY RESOURCES
Find local resources and trusted sources of information as well as links to best practices, business information, coronavirus testing information, important contacts, special activities, and more: Coronavirus CommunityResources.
TRUSTED SOURCES OF ACCURATE INFORMATION
More Videos and Audio Recordings
Don’t believe rumors. For accurate, factual information about the virus, what’s happening locally, regionally and nationally, visit these sites:
See Past News Releases...