Closure Set for
Eastbound Ramps and Nason Street for Bridge Improvements
The City of Moreno Valley is constructing improvements to the State Route 60 (SR-60)/Nason Street Overcrossing (Bridge). The contractor is currently building a new Nason Street Bridge over SR-60 and completing related improvements.
The construction of the new intersection at eastbound (EB) ramps and Nason Street is scheduled for Tuesday, May 28, 2013 through Thursday, May 30, 2013. A full closure for 32 hours of the EB ramps and Nason Street Bridge is necessary as part of this operation.
EB Ramps at SR-60 and the Nason Street Bridge will be closed beginning at 9:00 PM on Tuesday, May 28, 2013 and will reopen at 5:00 AM on Thursday, May 30, 2013. There are four detour options during this closure with map attached.
1) From SR-60 eastbound, exit at Perris Boulevard south. Continue southbound on Perris Boulevard to Alessandro Boulevard. Turn left (eastbound) on Alessandro Boulevard to Nason Street. Turn left (northbound) on Nason Street.
2) From SR-60 eastbound, exit at Perris Boulevard north. Continue northbound on Perris Boulevard to Ironwood Avenue. Turn right (eastbound) on Ironwood Avenue to Nason Street. Turn right (southbound) on Nason Street.
3) From SR-60 eastbound, exit at Moreno Beach Drive south. Continue southbound on Moreno Beach to Alessandro Boulevard. Turn right (westbound) on Alessandro Boulevard to Nason Street. Turn right (northbound) on Nason Street.
4) From SR-60 eastbound, exit at Moreno Beach Drive north. Continue northbound on Moreno Beach Drive to Ironwood Avenue. Turn left (westbound) on Ironwood Avenue to Nason Street. Turn left (southbound) on Nason Street.
Nason Street will be closed from the westbound ramps to Fir Avenue. Route 60, Elder Avenue, the westbound ramps, and access to the Stoneridge Town Centre will remain open. There will be a shuttle service available for pedestrians. The shuttles will run every 30 minutes from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on May 29, 2013. The shuttles will pick up and drop off from two locations:
- Nason Street at Elder Avenue.
- Nason Street at Fir Avenue.
If inclement weather and/or other factors change this schedule, updated notifications will be issued.
For questions please contact:
- Falcon Engineering Services, Inc. (Construction Manager), Wael Faqih, Resident Engineer, 951.264.2350, or Juan Rojas, Assistant Resident Engineer, 951.264.6422
- City of Moreno Valley, Margery Lazarus, Senior Engineer, 951.413.3133